We are busy distributing surplus food to our partner charities and helping to prevent food waste. To make the most of the surplus food we receive, we also cook meals to be supplied to our partner charities in our commercial kitchen.
What will I be doing?
In our commercial kitchen you will support our trained kitchen staff to help turn good surplus food into delicious meals, through food sorting, preparation, cooking and packaging.
What you need:
- Some experience in cooking for large numbers of people
- To be passionate about food and saving food from going to waste
- To have Level 2 Food Hygiene training, or be willing to complete it
- To be positive, friendly and personable, and able to interact well with a range of different people
- The ability to work well in a team under the supervision of the kitchen staff
- To be willing to follow FareShare Midland's policies & procedures
- Support and supervision from the kitchen staff
- An induction and professional training for the role
- Reasonable travel expenses and free lunches
- A fun and friendly place to work
- The opportunity to take on new challenges
- A work reference after at least 3 months
- The opportunity to support a great cause and give something back to your community
- Please fill out the 'Becoming a Volunteer' form on our website https://faresharemidlands.org.uk/volunteer-with-us/
- If you have any questions, or would just like a quick chat, contact the volunteer team: Tel: 07857 757107, Email: Volunteer@faresharemidlands.org.uk.Volunteer@faresharemidlands.org.uk.