Position: Member Services and Office Co-ordinator (Full time)
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Salary: £19,000 pa 37.5 hours / week
Base: FareShare Midlands operates from various sites. You will be flexible regarding location, but will be allocated a main contractual base at FareShare Midlands, Metro Triangle, Mount St, Nechells, Birmingham B7 5QT
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision where we are ‘Fighting hunger, fighting waste, making a difference’
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
- Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
- Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
- Respect – for ourselves, our volunteers, our partners & our beneficiaries
- Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
- Focus – on delivering the most for our members and volunteers
Summary of Role Purpose
To provide efficient, focussed and professional customer service and administration support for FareShare Midlands. In addition, this role will be a key member of the regional centre team working closely with the Warehouse Manager, other departments such as operations, development, fundraising and marketing in order to raise the charities profile and attract support. The right person will be the stand-in for the warehouse manager when required
This role will suit someone who has a passion for our values and supports our vision. Someone who wants to make a real difference and work for one of the most progressive and ambitious charities in the UK.
- Contacting and liaising with members as appropriate in relation to food orders and processing using online stock system
- Help deliver excellent customer service to our groups & Holiday Hunger programme within West Midlands, ensuring that we work closely with funders and groups to deliver good quality food to all our projects
- Manage delivery schedules to ensure our members receive the food they need when they need it, aligning this with the resources available in the operations team
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries effectively and with high standards of customer service
- Updating customer information within databases
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with members, team-mates and volunteers in particular with the Warehouse Manager who will be a direct lead for day to day support and guidance
- Providing all aspects of administrative/back office support including administration processes and systems improvements
- Support the maintenance of petty cash and volunteer bus cards working closely with colleagues at South Wigston to ensure payments of suppliers, staff and volunteer expenses are sent through for payment
- Order supplies for the Warehouse and office as and when required following the FareShare Midlands purchasing procedure
- Work closely with Administration volunteers ensuring all administration tasks are completed on a daily basis
- Provide statistical information on conclusion of all projects to funders, FareShare Board, Senior Managers and media
- Supporting marketing and external communications including social media profiles as required
- To produce and manage customer surveys on an as required basis
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as stipulated by your line manager.
- To work in accordance with our Customer Services Charter and to communicate this to relevant parties
Able to demonstrate an understanding of and interest in the work of FareShare
Strong leadership skills – the right person will be asked to step-up in the absence of the Warehouse Manager
Excellent team player willing to work across multiple departments – to be able to be diverse and demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of team working
Strong planning and organising skills
Good level of Maths and competence in IT, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
Good communication skills, including a good telephone manner, with experience of customer / member service support would be an advantage
Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively, with flexible working including weekends when required
If this sounds like you we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please send in your CV and along with a personal statement explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role and return to email@example.com by midnight, Sunday 31 May 2020.